CSS Center - This short tutorial and snippet will show how to center with CSS. Continue reading
Doctype declaration HTML 5, HTML 4.01 Strict, XHTML 1.1, XHTML 1.0 Transitional, XHTML 1.0 Strict and more. Continue reading
*using navigator.userAgent can make you vulnerable to spoofing. Here is a lengthy article.
jQuery 2.0 Release Highlights
- Drops support for Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- 12 percent smaller for increased performanc
- Custom builds for even smaller files
- jQuery 1.9 API equivalence
There are several CSS generators out there. I don’t like having to wade through posts that are the top 10 or 20 of something. Soo… I made this. so you don’t have to sort through several different ones that probably do the same thing.
Here are my favorites CSS generators so you don’t have to sort through a long list. Continue reading
This vertical menu knows how far to animate by getting the width of the div it’s located within.
This tutorial shows snippets, explanations, and there is also a demo.
Here is the basic concept:
Total Width – Anchor Text Width = Movement Width Continue reading
“CSS clearfix” is often needed to clear floats.
- Examples 1-3 clear floats by applying a CSS class to a p tag. The p tag holds a “non-breaking space” – ascii code for space is “ ”
- Examples 4 and 5 clear floats by applying the CSS clearfix class in a different manner. The clearfix is applied to a div tag that contains the floated items.
There is a function called ispostback in asp.net. However there isn’t one in PHP. You use do it to check if a page is a postback. The snippet of code below will create a PHP ispostback function. Continue reading
With so many devices able to access the internet, responsive design is becoming a necessity. Smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers have different viewable areas. Viewport is the window size of the device. We’ll use jquery width and resize functions to get the window width of the screen thus aiding us in our Responsive Design. Continue reading